Upcoming Forensic Evidence Trainings
The Forensic Evidence Course is designed with the entire prosecution team in mind! The challenges facing prosecutors, local law enforcement, investigators in prosecutor’s offices as well as the laboratory professionals we work with on a daily basis seem to be increasing exponentially with the use by defendants of 21st century sources of evidence. Add to this the multitude and variety of forensic evidence that must be collected, processed and retained appropriately, and we see an amplified need to spread cutting edge education and enhanced awareness to all those working together to ensure justice in our communities. Prosecutors, law enforcement personnel, judges, and forensic professionals involved in criminal investigation and prosecution are encouraged to join us in Santa Fe as we provide comprehensive training addressing the challenges inherent when investigating, engaging in pretrial preparation and presenting the violent crime case involving a variety of scientific evidence. Faculty members include prosecutors, scientists, health care and mental health care professionals, and law enforcement personnel working collaboratively to assist in providing this innovative training.
In addition to foundational topics for those new to working with these complex cases we also have planned lectures focusing on:
- Current Technological Advances in DNA
- Unusual Syndromes and Defenses
- Investigating and Prosecuting Arson Fatalities
- The Visual Trial — Using Technology to Present Persuasive Evidence
- Manipulation of DNA Evidence
- Death by Poison — Unique Toxicology Issues
- Digital Traces and Traditional Trace Evidence
- Cross Examination of Defense Scientific Experts
- The Application of Bloodstain Patterns to Violent Crime Scenes
- Staged Crime Scenes
- Computer Forensics: Seizing Electronic Evidence from the Cloud
- Equivocal Deaths
- Electronic Evidence Admissibility Issues
- DSM V
- Body Worn Cameras: Pros and Cons
- Organizational Vulnerabilities for Forensic Labs
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Cold Case Investigations
- Preparing and Presenting Firearm Evidence and the Ballistics Expert
- Bite-mark Evidence
- Child Homicides
- Crime Scene Assessment and Evidence Collection Tips
- Surveillance Techniques
- Meeting Attacks on Scientific Evidence
Join your colleagues from across the country as NDAA continues its tradition of providing the best training for America’s front line of defense — America’s prosecutors and the Prosecution team!
Prosecutors, law enforcement personnel, judges, forensic professionals involved in criminal investigation and prosecution and other members of the prosecution team.
La Fonda on the Plaza
100 E. San Francisco St., Santa Fe, NM 87501
Toll Free 800-523-5002 • Phone 505-982-5511
Hotel Reservation cut-off date is November 7.
While there are several hotels in downtown Santa Fe, The La Fonda holds the honor as The Only Santa Fe Hotel on the Plaza. Step right outside the door of this lovely 4-star hotel into a bevy of shops, galleries, historical landmarks, fine dining and fun entertainments spots. Visit the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum — just minutes away.
Charming Historic Details
La Fonda on the Plaza holds a coveted place in Santa Fe history, a component in a rich tapestry of hospitality that predates American independence. City records indicate that La Fonda sits on the site of the town's first inn, established when the city was founded by Spaniards in 1607, making this property the oldest hotel corner in America.
- Car rental on site
- Fitness center with steam rooms
- Heated outdoor pool and hot tub, open year-round
- Lounge featuring live entertainment
- Step into the past and experience the splendor of the American Southwest at La Fonda on the Plaza™, the only Santa Fe hotel situated on the historic Santa Fe Plaza. Start your adventure in Santa Fe and experience the allure of old world charm at one of the best Santa Fe hotels, where tasteful, modern conveniences blend with the warmth of authentic New Mexican style.
- Vibrant decor and authentic New Mexican architecture intermingle with indulgent amenities including Wi-Fi, concierge services, free water, a complimentary business center and more. Each of our 180 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites present an opportunity to experience the elegance of our property, boasting original artwork and hand-crafted furniture.
- An authentic example of one of Santa Fe's 4-Diamond hotels, La Fonda on the Plaza offers three classic New Mexican dining experiences including a one-of-a-kind outdoor cocktail bar. Breathtaking event venues showcase views of the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, creating an idyllic location for Santa Fe weddings and events while stately meeting rooms and a complimentary business center make La Fonda the ideal solution for business meetings and corporate travel. Our central location on the Santa Fe Plaza provides guests with unsurpassed access to original local artwork, entertainment and attractions.
Hotel Rate: $100.00 – Single/Double plus 15.3125% tax
- Room rate includes complimentary health club entry and high speed internet access in sleeping room and general session meeting room.
- Discounted parking is $10.00
- No resort fee
- Complimentary bottled water in each guest room refreshed daily
- Car rental on site
- Room Rate is offered three days pre and post training subject to availability.
Rooms will be guaranteed by the guests’ major credit card or first night’s deposit.
The deposit becomes non-refundable or the credit card will be charged if the guest does not arrive or cancels after 6pm local time on the date of arrival.
Book your reservation soon and enjoy the conference rate three days before and after the course. Come early or stay late OR on the half day off visit bike trails, Indian Pueblos, museums, ski destinations, spas or tour historic sites.
There’s a lot to see and do in and around Santa Fe. Check out the official tourism website for some ideas.
Fly into Albuquerque International Sunport — about 1 hour from Santa Fe — where there is a variety of airport shuttle services available offering van, taxi, and sedan services or you can rent a car to enjoy the many area landmarks. Or Fly Directly into Santa Fe Municipal Airport, only 20 minutes away.
CLE: Anticipated CLE credits will be approximately 20 hours, including one and one half hours of Ethics. Questions regarding CLE can be directed to email@example.com
Course Tuition is $595.00 for NDAA members $695 for non-members for a single attendee from an office. There is a $50 discount for additional attendees from the same office.
Cancellations and Refund Policy: Full refunds will be made for cancellations received by 5:00 p.m., ten business days prior to the beginning of the course. Refunds, less $60 for administrative fees, will be made for cancellations received after this date for all courses.
On-site Registration and check–in will be held Monday, December 5th at 8 am; Class Begins at 9 am. The Course concludes Friday, December 9th at 11:45 am.
- HERTZ offers special discounts — refer to the NDAA Corporate Discount (CPD) Number 1572962.
- AVIS also offers special discounts — refer to Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number D150036.