Evidence for Prosecutors Trainings
This program provides the necessary evidentiary framework for the prosecutor and other members of the prosecution team pre-charging, pre-trial, post-trial and most keenly, at trial.
Evidence for Prosecutors is designed to review the rules of evidence and to explore how they apply to both common and uncommon situations encountered by prosecutors and members of the prosecution team as they proceed through investigation, case preparation and case presentation. This course provides a comprehensive overview of the federal rules with knowledgeable faculty who discuss the relationship of these rules to each other and to the common law.
Tentative Topics include:
- Hearsay Post Crawford
- Character and Other Bad Acts Evidence
- Witness Intimidation Issues
- Experts, Experts, Experts
- Anticipating and Overcoming Defense Use of Prior Sexual Conduct Evidence
- Photographic/Videographic and Digital Evidence
- Forfeiture by Wrongdoing
- Racial Profiling and Law Enforcement
- A Roadmap through the Wilderness: Unusual “Syndromes” Evidence
- Issues with Searches and Interrogations
- The Visual Trial
- Identification Procedures: Lineups, Show-ups, and the Supreme Court
- Summary Evidence: FRE 611
- Privileged Communications
- Ethics, Evidence and Trial Issues
- Cell Phones, Cell Towers, Email, Facebook:21st Century Sources of Evidence
Wyndham Garden Riverwalk Museum Reach
103 9th Street San Antonio, TX 78215
Phone: 877.999.3223 or locally 210.515.4555
Rate: $110 plus $16.75 tax. (single/double/triple/quad)
Room rates are valid three days before and three days after course based on room availability.
The Wyndham Garden San Antonio Riverwalk/Museum Reach hotel is a newly constructed nonsmoking hotel located in the heart of San Antonio’s most famous tourists’ attractions. The hotel is just steps from the historic Riverwalk and has easy access to the Market Square, Downtown San Antonio, the San Antonio Museum of Art and attractions like the Alamo.
CLE: Anticipated CLE credits will be approximately 20 hours, including at least one hour of Ethics. Questions regarding CLE can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Tuition is $595.00 for a single attendee from an office. There is a $50 discount for additional attendees from the same office.
Cancellations and Refund Policy: Full refunds will be made for cancellations received by 5:00 p.m., ten business days prior to the beginning of the course. Refunds, less $60 for administrative fees, will be made for cancellations received after this date for all courses.
NDAA’s exclusive travel company, Hamilton Xpress, is reachable via email at email@example.com or phone at 708.372.3780, Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM Central time.
- Hertz offers special discounts — refer to the NDAA Corporate Discount (CPD) Number 1572962.
- Avis also offers special discounts — refer to Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number D150036.
Registration starts at 8:00 a.m. Monday, October 20.
The course begins at 9:00 a.m. Monday, October 20 and concludes Friday, October 24, at noon.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the course coordinator, Rebecca Weaver at (703) 519-1678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org