Evidence for Prosecutors Trainings
This program provides the necessary evidentiary framework for the prosecutor and other members of the prosecution team pre-charging, pre-trial, post-trial and most keenly, at trial.
Evidence for Prosecutors is designed to review the rules of evidence and to explore how they apply to both common and uncommon situations encountered by prosecutors and members of the prosecution team as they proceed through the investigation, case preparation and case presentation of their busy caseload. This course provides a comprehensive overview of the federal rules with knowledgeable faculty who discuss the relationship of these rules to each other and to the common law. Come with your thinking caps on and discover answers to your most challenging evidentiary questions.
Tentative Topics include:
- Hearsay Post Crawford
- Character and Other Bad Acts Evidence
- Witness Intimidation Issues: Snitches Get Stitches
- Countering Claims of Wrongful Convictions
- The high profile case: Responding to the Onslaught of Defense Motions
- Digital Evidence
- Forfeiture by Wrongdoing
- Recanting Witnesses
- Multiple Defendants Multiple Juries
- Unusual "Syndromes" Evidence
- Anticipating and Overcoming the Insanity Defense
- Issues with Searches and Interrogations
- The Visual Trial
- Identification procedures: lineups, showups, and the Supreme Court
- Privileged Communications
- Ethics, Evidence and Trial Issues
- Cell Phones, Cell Towers, Email, Facebook
- 21st Century Sources of Evidence
The Hyatt Regency Bellevue: Eastside Seattle
900 Bellevue Way N.E.
Bellevue, WA 98004
Hyatt Regency Bellevue is a four star contemporary hotel and meeting destination in the heart on Seattle's Eastside.
Just 17 miles from the Sea-Tac Int'l Airport, the hotel recommends Go Shuttle Express: 425-981-7000 http://shuttleexpress.com/
Taxi from Sea Tac can run from $35-$55 depending on traffic.
The Hyatt is located within The Bellevue Collection. Enjoy the Northwest's premier shopping, dining and nightlife destination consisting of three upscale complexes — Bellevue Place, Lincoln Square and Bellevue Square — The Bellevue Collection offers something for everyone, with over 250 shops, 45 restaurants and multiple entertainment venues to choose from.
Enjoy breath-taking views of the Pacific Northwest at a world-class golf course, head to the mountains for hiking, fishing or skiing or discover Seattle’s best shopping and restaurants, just minutes away.
Visit Downtown Seattle on your half day off on Wednesday, April 6:
- Pike Place Market — a beloved Seattle landmark, welcoming more than 10 million visitors a year overlooking Elliott Bay
- The Oldest Starbucks in the country
- Variety of restaurants and shops
- The Space Needle — The permanent symbol from the 1962 World’s Fair
Taxi downtown averages $35
Use the Seattle #550 bus is $2.50 each way into downtown and it stops 4 blocks from Pike’s Market — you must have exact change.
$169.00 — Single/Double/Triple/Quad plus 14.4% tax
Rates will be honored three (3) days pre and three (3) days post program dates, based upon room availability.
Room rate includes Complimentary Health Club entry and High Speed Internet access in sleeping room.
Check–in is 4 p.m. and check out is 12 noon
Hotel Cut Off date is: Sunday, March 13th, 2016
TO SECURE YOUR ROOM RESERVATION:
Guarantee reservation with a major credit card or one night deposit.
Call in reservations: 1-425-462-1234 OR 1-888-591-1234
Central Reservations: 888-627-8347
CLE: Anticipated CLE credits will be approximately 20 hours, including at least one hour of Ethics. Questions regarding CLE can be directed to email@example.com
Course Tuition: Details coming soon.
Cancellations and Refund Policy: Full refunds will be made for cancellations received by 5:00 p.m., ten business days prior to the beginning of the course. Refunds, less $60 for administrative fees, will be made for cancellations received after this date for all courses.
- HERTZ offers special discounts — refer to the NDAA Corporate Discount (CPD) Number 1572962.
- AVIS also offers special discounts — refer to Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number D150036.
On-site registration and check–in will be held Monday, April 4 at 8:00am;
Class Begins at 9:00am;
The Course concludes Friday, April 8th at 11:30am.